Monday, October 6, 2008

Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons

This book is absolutely the best book written on teaching your child to read. My sister-in-law recommended it to me a couple years back when I wanted to begin teaching my daughter to read. My sister-in-law has five children, three of which are in grade school and all of which she taught to read, with this book, before they reached Kindergarten. She is now on child #4. I also used this book with my daughter and it helped her grasp reading so quickly. My friend was over at my house a few months back and she saw the book lying on my table and immediately picked it up and said, "Hey, my mom taught me to read with this book!" And, the funny thing is, I vaguely remember a tattered book cover of this very same book lying around my friend's house when I was growing up. Her mom taught her 8 children how to read with this book. It's amazing! And, if you make it through all 100 lessons, your child should be reading at a 2nd grade reading level. Check it out by clicking on the link to the right of my page on Amazon. I promise, you will love it too! (I forgot to mention how easy it is and how much the kids love learning from it!)

5 comments:

Angela said...

I have heard great things about this book . . . I just need to go out and get it!

What a fun blog! Don't you love all these blogs we are all putting together to showcase the things we love and adore (in addition to our children who are the stars of our regular family blogs!).

SpeedReader
www.myfavoriteauthor.blogspot.com

Tami said...

Hey, love the new blog- what an awesome idea!! I'll be checking it often for good ideas, cause I really need some!!

Connie said...

Yeah! Another blog to spy on! I'll be stealing all of your good ideas, I'm sure.

Jason & Claire said...

I love the links you have on your personal blog. I always check those for ideas. This is great. I need all the help I can get with kid ideas!

TheoMama said...

I bought this book and started it. So far, Ethan loves it. Thanks for a great tool. anything to make is easier is awesome!